And, once again, I’m incredibly late in posting stats for last month. Almond moves not only back into the top spot, but into the #2 spot as well. The man’s a powerhouse. And if y’all haven’t checked out his latest yet, (Not That You Asked) is worth the cover price for the piece on Vonnegut alone.
1. (2) Pornography by Steve Almond (6/15/05)
2. (NR) When the Toasts Stopped Being Funny by Steve Almond (9/15/07)
3. (NR) Raymond Carver by Dan Chaon (9/15/07)
4. (1) 8×10 by Elizabeth Ellen (12/15/06)
5. (NR) Mole Man by Stuart Dybek (9/15/07)
6. (NR) Nailed by Robert J. Bradley (9/15/07)
7. (NR) Ten Very Short Stories by John Leary (3/15/07)
8. (NR) Ethnic Lego Girls Carry Spears by Heidi W. Durrow (9/15/07)
9. (NR) The Sound of Success by Terry DeHart (9/15/07)
10. (NR) Starfish by Jeff Landon (9/15/07)
On a personal note, my tardiness is largely due to having been hitting the bricks to find a new gig after my contract at Microsoft ended. And I’m really excited to have accepted a position at the largest architectural firm in Seattle. Very, very cool place, and I can’t wait to get to work there.