>Kathy Fish is very dear to us here at SmokeLong. Though no longer on staff, Kathy’s legacy lives on through the annual Kathy Fish Fellowship Award. It was my pleasure to interview her about her chapbook Laughter, Applause, Laughter, Music, Applause, forthcoming from Rose Metal Press in January. Kathy’s manuscript was a finalist in Rose Metal’s first annual short-short chapbook competition, judged by Ron Carlson. Read the entire interview here.
- "Bar rules say the toe only needs to touch your lips, but I take the whole wretched thing in my mouth." smokelong.com/sour-toe/ 9 hours ago
- First up, @tinoprinzi shares a list of his fav funny flashes. smokelong.com/flash-fiction-… 16 hours ago
- June 24 is @nationalflashfd & to celebrate, we'll be sharing a series of flash fiction top 10 lists from some guest flash writers. 16 hours ago
- After you read "Sour Toe," read about the real sourtoe that was just stolen! adn.com/alaska-news/cr… 19 hours ago
- A separated couple & a dead toe cocktail. What more could you want in a story? Read "Sour Toe" by Justin Herrmann. smokelong.com/sour-toe/ 19 hours ago