>Well, Almond’s “Pornography” is back on top again. I think I always sort of knew that at least part of its page views were coming from folks who weren’t necessarily looking for a good story to read. Now that we have our referrers being tracked, it’s become a little clearer that that’s the case. In looking at the top referrers for “Pornography,” seven of the top ten referrers are searches for “Porno” on various different Microsoft search enginges. Ah, well. I hope that a few of them get over their disappointment at not finding pud-pulling material long enough to give it a read. It’s a hell of a story.
1. (2) Pornography by Steve Almond (6/15/05)
2. (1) The Cockroach by David Barringer (3/15/08)
3. (5) Ten Very Short Stories by John Leary (3/15/07)
4. (4) Trestle by Matt Briggs (3/15/08)
5. (6) Scrape by Utahna Faith (3/15/08)
6. (3) Worried & Wondering by Aaron Burch (3/15/08)
7. (7) We by Patricia Parkinson (3/15/08)
8. (8) Dead Dog Rising by Kate Hill Cantrill (3/15/08)
9. (NR) The Last Stop by Jenny Halper (3/15/08)
10. (9) Last Fall by Katherine Grosjean (3/15/08)
Expect a shake-up next month, as our birthday issue goes live in a hair under two weeks, so there’ll be lots of new content to read.